directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Benjamin, Roy" <rbenja...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Startup Error for Embedded ApacheDS Created by ApacheDS archetype
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 16:14:04 GMT
Hi Stefanz,

It's a well documented example and I appreciate your work.

Hamburg is one of my favorite cities in Germany, especially in the
summer.

Thanks again!
Roy

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Zoerner [mailto:stefan@labeo.de]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:35 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Startup Error for Embedded ApacheDS Created by apacheds archetype

Hi Benjamin!

Benjamin, Roy wrote:
> Still not working but I'll keep trying for a while.   I've been working for ten days
> now trying to get at least one of the provided embedded examples working.   I appreciate
> all the work contributors do but I must say in thirty years I've never had this much
> trouble getting an Apache example to work.

I have originally created the example and the documentation for
embedding the server within a web application.

Unfortunately, I had to readjust it several times due to changes in the
ApacheDS API. Various minor version broke the example code.

I plan to revisited the examples for the 2.0 RC, and hopefully the API
for embedding the server, and the way how to configure it
programmatically will stabilize then.

Sorry for the inconvenience and Greetings from Hamburg,
     StefanZ