directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Benjamin, Roy" <rbenja...@ebay.com>
Subject RE: Startup Error for Embedded ApacheDS Created by ApacheDS archetype
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 00:58:30 GMT
I get an error, don't understand why this doesn't work.

in stdout log:

[17:40:29] ERROR [org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.loader.ldif.LdifSchemaLoader] -
ERR_10004 Expecting to find a schema.ldif file in provided baseDirectory path 'C:\Tomcat_5_5\work\Catalina\localhost\ApacheDSXX\server-work\schema\ou=schema.ldif'
but no such file found.

Question:

1) Is there really supposed to be a file named: 'ou=schema.ldif' ?

2) The path C:\Tomcat_5_5\work\Catalina\localhost\ApacheDSXX\server-work\schema is valid,

   so why can't the default schema be generated successfully ?

If I copy example.ldif from a binary ApacheDS installation to:

   C:\Tomcat_5_5\work\Catalina\localhost\ApacheDSXX\server-work\schema

I actually need two ldif files in order to correct the exceptions, I need both 'schema.ldif'
-and-

'ou=schema.ldif', to make this work I copy the example.ldif twice to both names.

My use case will require a custom Authenticator class, but if I try to add an Authenticator

even at various places in the code I get an exception.  I've tried every place, early in the

code, late in the code, before startup(), pretty much in each place I could add it.  For each

re-check server startup.  Everything is OK, except that I always get the following exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Bind requests only tunnel down into partitions if there are
no authenticators to handle the mechanism.

Check to see if you have correctly configured authenticators for the server.

root cause

org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapAuthenticationNotSupportedException: Bind requests
only tunnel down into partitions if there are no authenticators to handle the mechanism.

Check to see if you have correctly configured authenticators for the server.

I get the exception no matter where I try and add the Authenticator, or what Authenticator
I try to add.

I appreciate any assistance immensely,

Thanks

Roy