directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio-Plugin] Is there a way to propagate the list of profiles to the forked mvn eclipse:eclipse goal
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:56:04 GMT
Hi again,

That's it. It's fixed.

Thanks for the pointer, Jeff.

Here's the diff.

If that's ok with everyone, I'd like to commit it to the current trunk (and create and resolve
an associated issue in JIRA).
WDYT ?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

http://www.docjar.com/docs/api/org/apache/maven/project/MavenProject.html#getActiveProfiles

>> Regards
>> Jeff
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
>> Hi dev (and especially Felix - our Maven plugin guru),
>>
>> We have recently introduced the 'studio-full' profile in Studio's build. This profile
allows us to maintain the "daily" build (mvn clean install) very fast by only including the
modules which really matter the most to us (like the core and ui plugins) and excluding from
build modules like help, feature plugins or update site generation (which don't change very
often).

>> All those excluded modules are part of the 'studio-full' profile.
>>
>> Now, I noticed that we're facing a problem when we want to generate the Eclipse descriptors
of the excluded modules using 'mvn studio:eclipse -Pstudio-full'.

>> I've looked at the code of the Studio Plugin and found out that we're forking a Maven
goal (mvn eclipse:eclipse). The problem is that the '-Pstudio-full' is not appended to that
execution and then, the eclipse:eclipse goal is not run on the excluded modules.

>> I tried to modify the Studio Plugin in order to be able to propagate the list of
profiles to the fork Maven goal but I couldn't found a way to get the list of currently used
profiles.