directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio-Plugin] Is there a way to propagate the list of profiles to the forked mvn eclipse:eclipse goal
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:20:37 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I see that we do have access to a project instance in our goal Mojo:
protected MavenProject project;

I'm going to try this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 13 août 2010, at 17:09, Jeff MAURY wrote:

> If you use the MavenProject object, you have a method called getActiveProfiles: see http://www.docjar.com/docs/api/org/apache/maven/project/MavenProject.html#getActiveProfiles
>
> Regards
> Jeff
>
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi dev (and especially Felix - our Maven plugin guru),
>
> We have recently introduced the 'studio-full' profile in Studio's build. This profile
allows us to maintain the "daily" build (mvn clean install) very fast by only including the
modules which really matter the most to us (like the core and ui plugins) and excluding from
build modules like help, feature plugins or update site generation (which don't change very
often).

> All those excluded modules are part of the 'studio-full' profile.
>
> Now, I noticed that we're facing a problem when we want to generate the Eclipse descriptors
of the excluded modules using 'mvn studio:eclipse -Pstudio-full'.

> I've looked at the code of the Studio Plugin and found out that we're forking a Maven
goal (mvn eclipse:eclipse). The problem is that the '-Pstudio-full' is not appended to that
execution and then, the eclipse:eclipse goal is not run on the excluded modules.

> I tried to modify the Studio Plugin in order to be able to propagate the list of profiles
to the fork Maven goal but I couldn't found a way to get the list of currently used profiles.