directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS Manuals releasing
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:20:23 GMT
Hi Felix,

First off great work on the documentation. More inline ...

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Felix Knecht <felix@otego.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I just wonder what of the manual shall be release to where.

What do other projects do? Do they release documentation bundles separately
or do they package the documentation with the release. I think we will
probably find a combination.

> Do we need to create a zip file of all the generated docs and release it
> as artifact like releasing a jar file? ATM the generated docs are
> deployed to p.a.o/www/directory.apache.org/apacheds/manuals for snapshot
> deployment as well as for release deployment in a subdirectory
> *-user-guide-{version}.
> Do we need to deploy a released source zip of all?
> Do we need to deploy a release pom.xml (ATM the module is
> <packaging>pom</packaging>?
> I'm even don't know if it's possible to release and deploy a zip.

Yes we can do that with the archive plugin and various derivatives of that.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org