directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interested in getting involve, have run into a problem
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 08:14:20 GMT
Hi Richard,

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 2:45 AM, Richard Feezel <rfeezel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm very interested in this project and would like to participate.
> I have extensive experience writing Java (since 1.1 in 1998), I'm interested
> in network infrastructures and security.

Great! Welcome!

> I have Eclipse 3.6 installed and up-to-date.  I have subclipse, maven,
> m2eclipse, and m2eclipse/scm integration installed.  I have used the Eclipse
> Import "Check out Maven projects from SCM" function to pull the sources
> from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk-with-dependencies/
> I have revision 983328.
> Eclipse is showing 110 errors, all of them in "shared-ldap" and
> "shared-ldap-converter" reporting unresolved references to things named
> Antlr.....

The Antlr... classes are generated during the build in maven's
generate-sources phase to target/generated-sources/antlr. Is this
folder included as source folder in your Eclipse? Otherwise run the
"generate-sources" goal with m2eclipse and afterwards run "Update
Project Configuration", this should add the generated sources you
Eclipse's source folders.

Side note: we usually don't use m2eclipse. We checkout the
trunk-with-dependencies from command line. Then run 'mvn clean
install' (or 'mvn clean install -DskipTests' is faster). Then run 'mvn
eclipse:eclipse'. Then import the projects into Eclipse, using the
classical import wizard, not the m2eclipse import.

Kind Regards,
Stefan