directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dockbook -> PDF how to size images
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:27:42 GMT
Hi Felix,

> Trying to generate the pdf the images look horrible size (like Figure
> 50k FT Architecure).
>
> I'm using following code:
> <figure
>  id="50k FT Architecture">
>  <title>50k FT Architecture</title>
>  <mediaobject>
>    <imageobject>
>      <imagedata
>        fileref="images/50k-ft-architecture.png" />
>    </imageobject>
>  </mediaobject>
> </figure>

I made the same experience with the Studio documentation. In the end I
used the 'scale' attribute, but its value must be set individually for
each image by trial and error. The good thing is that the scale
attribute is only used for PDF output, in HTML the image still has its
original size. Here is an example:

  <mediaobject>
    <imageobject>
      <imagedata scale="75" fileref="images/fromX500toLDAP.png"></imagedata>
    </imageobject>
  </mediaobject>

HTH,
Stefan