directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Startup Error for Embedded ApacheDS Created by ApacheDS archetype
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 20:05:17 GMT
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Benjamin, Roy <rbenjamin@ebay.com> wrote:
> You bet!
>
> :-)
>
> public class MembersAuthenticator extends AbstractAuthenticator {
>
>        protected MembersAuthenticator(String type) {
>            super(type);
ahhh, I see, this must be a old version of AbstractAuthenticator, the
new AbstractAuthenticator
(from the 1.5.8-SNAPSHOT) constructor takes a AuthenticationLevel

AbstractAuthenticator( AuthenticationLevel type ) so the above code should be

protected MembersAuthenticator(AuthenticationLevel type) {
            super(type);

this is the reason why your authenticator is not recognized. I guess
you must be developing and deploying with different versions.

>            System.out.println("\nMembersAuthenticator() " + type);
>    }
>
>        @Override
>        public LdapPrincipal authenticate(BindOperationContext bindOperationContext)
throws Exception {
>                System.out.println("\nMembersAuthenticator.authenticate() " +
bindOperationContext.getName());

>                return null;
>        }
>
>        @Override
>    public String getAuthenticatorType() {
>                System.out.println("\nMembersAuthenticator.getAuthenticatorType()
" + super.getAuthenticatorType());
>            return super.getAuthenticatorType();
>    }
>
>        @Override
>    public DirectoryService getDirectoryService() {
>                System.out.println("\nMembersAuthenticator.getDirectoryService()
" + super.getDirectoryService());
>            return super.getDirectoryService();
>    }
>
> }