directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Message cleanup, next step...
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:13:59 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >  Hi guys,
> >
> > now that most of the work is done for the message merge, I have a
> question :
> > - should we keep the message interfaces in a separate package ?
> >
> > Atm, all the message implementation are in
> > org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message, while their associated
> interfaces
> > are in org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message.internal.
> > (btw, the 'internal' term is probably misleading : it was meant as
> 'internal
> > to the server', when we had 3 different kind of messages)
> >
> > Back two years ago, we had a different layout where the messages and
> their
> > interfaces where in the same package
> > (org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.message) :
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/shared/tags/0.9.13/ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/message/
> >

> > I suggest we move back to this layout, if no one object.
> >
> > wdyt ?

+1 on separate packages:

o.a.d.s.l.message for interfaces sounds right at top level then maybe
a o.a.d.s.l.message.implementation or perhaps o.a.d.s.l.message.default ?
But message interfaces should be at the higher level package with the
implementors below.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org