directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Jars plugin removed and external library plugins created in trunk - Repository reorganization proposal
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2010 06:39:22 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

thanks for the effort!

> With the addition of those twenty new plugins (and Maven projects), I think the time
has come to reorganize the repo in order to group things together for a better comprehension
of the build.
> WDYT?

Yes, very true.

> I had this particular mapping in mind:
> - trunk
>    - application
>        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
>    - feature-plugins
>        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
>    - help-plugins
>        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
>    - library-plugins
>        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
>    - plugins
>        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
>    - pom.xml (Root pom.xml file)
>    - repository
>    - test-plugins
>        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
>
> "application" being the existing 'application' project which contains the creation of
the application (for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux), as well as the creation of the distributions
and update sites.

> "feature-plugins" would contain all our feature plugins. We currently have six of them.
>
> "help-plugins" would contain all our help plugins. We currently also have six of them.
>
> "library-plugins" would contain all the newly created library plugins
>
> "plugins" would contain all our 'real' Studio plugins
>
> "repository" being the existing 'repository' project with all our specific Studio and
Eclipse dependencies

> '"test-plugins" would contain the two test plugins we currently have (test.integration.core
and test.integration.ui).

> WDYT of this particular design ?

I absolutely agree with this design. I just wonder if the prefix
'-plugin' is required for 'feature-plugins' or if we should just call
it 'features'.

Kind Regards,
Stefan