directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] merging various message structures
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 17:22:01 GMT
hello guys,

      Currently in the server we use more than one similar message
structures at various levels of
      processing to represent the same message type.

    e.x
      for a add request we use 'AddRequestCodec' during the encoding phase and
      'AddRequestImpl' to be used by the server in the later phases

    similarly there are several message structures who are mostly
identical. Merging them will
    improve the performance of the network layer and also allows
client-api to use these classes directly.
    (currently client-api has another set of classes)

    We would like to work on these changes from tomorrow.

Kiran Ayyagari