directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Status update
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 15:52:07 GMT
Hi Kasun,

I followed your help page and managed to install easily the Persistence Tooling plugins.

I was also able to generate some persistence code for a testing entry and I successfully tested
this code in a small class (which gets a Person and updates one of its attribute).

Congratulations! It works great...

Of course, this is not something we could be shipping as is in Studio, and a few things need
to be re-worked in order to make the plugin more powerful and customizable (like a tighter
integration into Eclipse for code generation and the ability to change the default connection
to the DAO class for example).
But, this is a very good starting point. :)

Just, one small bug I came across while testing: when arriving to the attributes selection
page of the wizard, I couldn't move to the next page or finish the wizard, I had to (un)check
one element to get the buttons to work.
A very minor bug, which can probably be fixed before the end of the GSoC deadline.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 15 août 2010, at 16:39, Kasun Lakpriya wrote:

> Hi dev,
>
> Tomorrow is the 'pencils down date' according to the GSoC 2010 time line [0].
>
> So I would like to present you all, in the dev , our final version (for GSoC 2010) of
Persistence Tooling plugin for Apache Directory Studio.

> The product we have at the moment is capable of generating a Java Bean class and a DAO
class from an existing entry in a LDAP directory tree. The tooling collects all the required
information in a wizard to generate the code and the code can be generated to a Eclipse Java
project. At the moment it's not generation the pom.xml so that we need to generate the code
in to a place where all the dependencies exist (e.g. persistence-example module in [1]).

> How to install :
> We just need to extract the tarball [2] to eclipse/dropins directory.
>
> Complete user documentation can be found here [3].
>
> And finally I want to thank all of you for your help, guidance and feedback during GSoC.
Special thanks to my mentor, Stefan Seelmann, Pierre-Arnaud, Emmanuel for your help and guidance.