directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio-Plugin] Is there a way to propagate the list of profiles to the forked mvn eclipse:eclipse goal
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:57:42 GMT
Hi dev (and especially Felix - our Maven plugin guru),

We have recently introduced the 'studio-full' profile in Studio's build. This profile allows
us to maintain the "daily" build (mvn clean install) very fast by only including the modules
which really matter the most to us (like the core and ui plugins) and excluding from build
modules like help, feature plugins or update site generation (which don't change very often).

All those excluded modules are part of the 'studio-full' profile.

Now, I noticed that we're facing a problem when we want to generate the Eclipse descriptors
of the excluded modules using 'mvn studio:eclipse -Pstudio-full'.

I've looked at the code of the Studio Plugin and found out that we're forking a Maven goal
(mvn eclipse:eclipse). The problem is that the '-Pstudio-full' is not appended to that execution
and then, the eclipse:eclipse goal is not run on the excluded modules.

I tried to modify the Studio Plugin in order to be able to propagate the list of profiles
to the fork Maven goal but I couldn't found a way to get the list of currently used profiles.

If someone has an idea...

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud