directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: What about cleaning the branches ?
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 11:37:34 GMT
Hi guys,

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>
> Date: 5 août 2010 13:31:19 HAEC
> To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: What about cleaning the branches ?
>
> +1 to removing the branches
>

> As a thought it might be nice to put a file in the branches directory listing the old
branches that were removed at which revision so if need be their deletes can be reverted.
Don't think this will be the case but it's always nice to do this because it's not trivial
getting SVN to give u this info along with what the branch was created for.

+1

You're right, it's never easy, especially when there's a long SVN history.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
> Date: 5 août 2010 10:10:08 HAEC
> To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
> Subject: What about cleaning the branches ?
>
> Hi guys,
>
> we have many branches we created in the past 3 years. Maybe it's time to cleanup some
of them ?

+1

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud