directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [Documentation] Version in pom.xml (Re: User Guide documentation)
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 19:18:43 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> If so I wonder why we can't have it in the apacheds module - if it's the
> same version. How to release a bug fixed documentation for a specific
> apacheds release?

Yes, currently it is side by side

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds-manuals/trunk
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/trunk

which is not very helpful w.r.t. documentation of both 1.5 (server.xml /
Spring) and 2.0 (DIT) configuration style.

> I suggest having the major.minor version the same like apacheds and the
> bugfix version a sequence.
> For ads 1.5.x documentation version would start at 1.5.0.

Anyway, I will use

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds-manuals/trunk

to document the 1.5.7 situation for the Basic User's Guide. Most of the
content is probably the same for 2.0 (Exception: the configuration).

Should I change the version in pom.xml for apacheds-manuals simply to
1.5.8.SNAPSHOT?

Greetings from Hamburg,
     StefanZ