directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <>
Subject [Documentation] Version in pom.xml (Re: User Guide documentation)
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:29:33 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> I migrated the Basic-/Advanced User Guide from confluence into the
> apacheds/user-guides module (svn). We're moving to docbook documenting
> for user guides [1].

Congratulations and thanks for this work!

> So from now on please switch from confluence to the user-guide module
> for this kind of documentation.

I have started to add/move content to

currently, in the pom.xml it states version 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT. How about
replacing it with the ApacheDS server version, in order to reflect for
which version it belongs to?

I have started to rework the ApacheDS Basic User Guide for the current
released version (which is 1.5.7).

Are there major changes in the upcoming 2.0? Especially w.r.t. the
configuration of the server? In 1.5.7, we still have server.xml etc. It
ism planned in 2.0 to replace it with configuration i the DIT. If so, we
could perhaps branch the documentation in order to reflect both the
current and the future configuration ...

Greetings from Hamburg,

View raw message