directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message cleanup, next step...
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:47:23 GMT
  On 8/18/10 2:13 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I suggest we move back to this layout, if no one object.
>>> wdyt ?
> +1 on separate packages:
>
> o.a.d.s.l.message for interfaces sounds right at top level then maybe
> a o.a.d.s.l.message.implementation or perhaps o.a.d.s.l.message.default ?
> But message interfaces should be at the higher level package with the
> implementors below.

Hmmmm. I would *love* to do that, sadly, there is a constraint : as many
of the technical fields and methods used during the encoding are now
methods without a qualifier (ie, they are not public, protected or
private, they are package protected), if I move the classes away, I will
have to expose those methods again, or cast the object everytime I want
to access to those methods all over the code :/

--
Regards,
Cordialement,