directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Message merging : done !
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:09:51 GMT
  Hi guys,

so it's done, all the messages from API, codec and internal have been
merged in one single set of classes ! pfewww... It ends up with many
lines of useless code removed from trunk, probably a few thousands.

There are some remaining tasks to be completed though before we can
merge back to trunk the branch :
- The ImportCommand is still broken (all have been commented inside it),
and the best would be to rewrite it using the API instead of plain channels.
- There is some issues with the StoredProcedure (tests have been
@Ignored atm), as we are using JNDI context to process them in the
server. We need some conversion from and to JNDI
extendedRequest/Response to be written in JNDIUtils
- At this point, there is some duplication of code as JndiUtils is
defined in shared-jndi, so we can't use JndiUtils from there. We should
inject the classes from shared-jndi into shared-ldap
- Last, not least, the dsml-parser is still using the Codec classes. I
have to review this code.

We are close, very close !

--
Regards,