directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: New continuum instance for directory
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:26:54 GMT
  On 8/17/10 2:16 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:
> I finally got it running ... But I'm not sure if the 'solution' shows up
> an issue. I don't know if the order of given schemas to load matters. If
> it shouldn't it's a problem. Maybe schemas are loaded line by line into
> a e.g.Map and then processed. IIRC in this case we can garantee the
> order an iterator fetches the elements.
> Patch which solved the problem on my machine (note the "nis" schema
> which is now loaded last). I didn't apply the patch, because if it's an
> issue we should be reminded ...:

It's not simple ...

The way the SchemaManager loads the schema is the following :
- first, relax the system (ie, accept errors)
- load everything
- when done, check for cross references (ie, AT depending on other ATs, etc)
- if there is no error, then discard the created registries (the
internal storage), and set the SM to a strict mode
- load again
- check again

This should not result in an error, unless the order the data are loaded
is incorrect.

We may have to check this part, I think that Kiran is already reviewing
this part of the code.

I may give him a hand as soon as I'm done with the message merge, as I
wrote the initial code.

Thanks Felix for the analysis.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message