directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Message merge heads up
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:29:09 GMT
  Hi guys,

around 60% of all the merge is now done. In fact, probably more, as all
the Response have been merged, and the following requests too :
- Abandon
- Add
- Bind
- Del
- Unbind

The remaining operations are :
- Compare
- Extended
- Modify
- ModifyDn

I have also renamed the InternalXXX methods to XXX for the responses,
plus added the missing toString() methods.

I hope that monday evening, we will be ready with all the messages merged.

The next step will be to replair the dsml-parser which was using the old
MessageCodec hierarchy.

All this work reduced the code base a lot, as we had 3 times the same
data structure for messages. This is a good thing...

PS : yes, this is a *very* boring task, with many tests to check and
fix. Funny enough, so far, I didn't found any bugs, something you would
expect when reviewing old code...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,