directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup Error for Embedded ApacheDS Created by apacheds archetype
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 00:14:15 GMT
  On 8/2/10 11:16 PM, Benjamin, Roy wrote:
> Thank Kiran,
>
> Still not working but I'll keep trying for a while.   I've been working for ten days
> now trying to get at least one of the provided embedded examples working.   I appreciate
> all the work contributors do but I must say in thirty years I've never had this much
> trouble getting an Apache example to work.

Yeah, but you must admit that many of the problem you faced so far
weren't ADS related (I'm thinking about Maven issues you had, for instance.)

Plus this is not simply as if you were installing ADS alone : you are
trying to embed it in a tomcat server, with all the classloaders problem
and file protections that come with ...

May I suggest you move forward step by step instead of tying all together ?

PS : I very much understand your feeling, btw. I too am a old fart who
fumes when testing an open source program and don't succeed after a few
steps... yuk, that's life ! :)

Btw, if you need more interactive directions, try to join us on IRC
(#apache-directory).

--
Regards,
Cordialement,