directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot>
Subject [Studio] Jars plugin removed and external library plugins created in trunk - Repository reorganization proposal
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:34:05 GMT
Hi dev,

Just to inform you that in order to fix DIRSTUDIO-301 (Intermittant ClassCastException from
dom4j.DocumentFactory.getInstance()) for the 2.0 version of Studio I removed the 'jars' plugin
which contained all the our dependencies.

It has been replaced by the creation of a specific plugin per external library. Each plugin
simply embeds the jar of the library and exports its packages.

Here's the full list of those new plugins:
- org.antlr.antlr
- org.apache.commons.codec
- org.apache.commons.collections
- org.apache.commons.lang
- org.apache.commons.logging
- org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient
- org.apache.httpcomponents.httpcore
- org.apache.logging.log4j
- org.apache.mina.core
- org.apache.xmlcommons.xmlapis
- org.bouncycastle.bcprovjdk15
- org.dom4j.dom4j
- org.slf4j.api
- org.slf4j.log4j12
- org.xpp3.xpp3

With the addition of those twenty new plugins (and Maven projects), I think the time has come
to reorganize the repo in order to group things together for a better comprehension of the

I had this particular mapping in mind:
- trunk
    - application
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - feature-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - help-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - library-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - pom.xml (Root pom.xml file)
    - repository
    - test-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)

"application" being the existing 'application' project which contains the creation of the
application (for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux), as well as the creation of the distributions
and update sites.

"feature-plugins" would contain all our feature plugins. We currently have six of them.

"help-plugins" would contain all our help plugins. We currently also have six of them.

"library-plugins" would contain all the newly created library plugins

"plugins" would contain all our 'real' Studio plugins

"repository" being the existing 'repository' project with all our specific Studio and Eclipse

'"test-plugins" would contain the two test plugins we currently have (test.integration.core
and test.integration.ui).

WDYT of this particular design ?

View raw message