directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Jars plugin removed and external library plugins created in trunk - Repository reorganization proposal
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:34:05 GMT
Hi dev,

Just to inform you that in order to fix DIRSTUDIO-301 (Intermittant ClassCastException from
dom4j.DocumentFactory.getInstance()) for the 2.0 version of Studio I removed the 'jars' plugin
which contained all the our dependencies.

It has been replaced by the creation of a specific plugin per external library. Each plugin
simply embeds the jar of the library and exports its packages.

Here's the full list of those new plugins:
- org.antlr.antlr
- org.apache.commons.codec
- org.apache.commons.collections
- org.apache.commons.io
- org.apache.commons.lang
- org.apache.commons.logging
- org.apache.directory.shared.asn1
- org.apache.directory.shared.dsmlparser
- org.apache.directory.shared.ldap
- org.apache.directory.shared.ldapconstants
- org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient
- org.apache.httpcomponents.httpcore
- org.apache.logging.log4j
- org.apache.mina.core
- org.apache.xmlcommons.xmlapis
- org.bouncycastle.bcprovjdk15
- org.dom4j.dom4j
- org.slf4j.api
- org.slf4j.log4j12
- org.xpp3.xpp3

With the addition of those twenty new plugins (and Maven projects), I think the time has come
to reorganize the repo in order to group things together for a better comprehension of the
build.
WDYT?

I had this particular mapping in mind:
- trunk
    - application
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - feature-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - help-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - library-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)
    - pom.xml (Root pom.xml file)
    - repository
    - test-plugins
        - [....] (mutiple sub-modules)

"application" being the existing 'application' project which contains the creation of the
application (for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux), as well as the creation of the distributions
and update sites.

"feature-plugins" would contain all our feature plugins. We currently have six of them.

"help-plugins" would contain all our help plugins. We currently also have six of them.

"library-plugins" would contain all the newly created library plugins

"plugins" would contain all our 'real' Studio plugins

"repository" being the existing 'repository' project with all our specific Studio and Eclipse
dependencies

'"test-plugins" would contain the two test plugins we currently have (test.integration.core
and test.integration.ui).

WDYT of this particular design ?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud