directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: can't see the dc=example,dc=com
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:51:08 GMT
Hi,

Actually it's "normal" that you can't see it.

The definition of the 'dc=example,dc=com' context entry of the partition is in the partition
but not the actual data of the entry itself.

You can create the data of the entry using the 'New Context Entry' wizard [1] in Apache Directory
Studio, or loading an LDIF file.

Some versions back, in ApacheDS, when creating a new partition you needed to provide both
the DN and entry data. In the last versions of ApacheDS, you only need to define the DN in
the partition configuration and have to load the data later.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_newcontextentry_wizard.html

On 5 août 2010, at 18:31, Rashid Jilani wrote:

> Hi: Gurus when I connect to the server using Directory studio I could not able to see
the DN entry dc=example,dc=com or any other new partition except ou=seevenSeas (the example
partition created manually) and ou=schema and ou=system, can someone please explain me why.