I am using eclipse plugin for LDAP browser which I installed from the following location (http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x) and apacheds1.0.2 as my directory server.

I am able to create new users in the directory server and after creating I could verify the new userpassword attribute using the password editor on the LDAP browser by clicking "Verify" and "Bind" buttons. Both are successful.

When I change the password using the password editor on the LDAP browser, Only Verify operation returns success but Bind operation fails.

Please provide your input to fix this issue. I am trying to achieve this programatically in JAVA. It would be great if you could share some code snippet for changing password and binding the user with the new password.