directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some more speed improvement for basic operations
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:05:31 GMT
An update :

as of today (July 28th), I'm able to run the search perf test and obtain
those values :

June, 8th :
search : 19 727 search/s

July 28th : 35 812 search/s

NOTE : this is for a simple search (ie, OBJECT scope) and no entry in the
base. The test does not go through any network (though no BER
encoding/decoding). It just check the speed of the internal server.

Also it's interesting as it prove there is a wide margin of improvement in
the server itself.

>From the last test I did, I think we can gain 30 to 40% more by using a DN
cache (DN parsing and normalization count for 26% of the whole CPU), and we
have a spurious call to the hasEntry() method which costs 13,5% of the CPU.
The log system costs 2.75%, something we can also improve.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,