directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Raj <stephen.prak...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to Change password in LDAP browser
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 21:56:07 GMT
Hi,

I am using eclipse plugin for LDAP browser which I installed from the
following location (http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x) and
apacheds1.0.2 as my directory server.

I am able to create new users in the directory server and after creating I
could verify the new userpassword attribute using the password editor on the
LDAP browser by clicking "Verify" and "Bind" buttons. Both are successful.

When I change the password using the password editor on the LDAP browser,
Only Verify operation returns success but Bind operation fails.

Please provide your input to fix this issue. I am trying to achieve this
programatically in JAVA. It would be great if you could share some code
snippet for changing password and binding the user with the new password.

Thanks,
Stephen