directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Gump Build Failure of protocol-ldap
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 07:01:25 GMT
Hi Stefan,

> Gump is pretty successful in building much of the directory code-base
> but the build of protocol-ldap has been failing for quite some time now.
> <http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apacheds/apacheds-protocol-ldap/gump_work/build_apacheds_apacheds-protocol-ldap.html>
>
> It looks as if protocol-ldap depended on protocol-shared but didn't
> specify this inside its POM.  I would expect it to receive this
> dependency transitively via kerberos-shared (albeit a non-transitive
> dependency would be cleaner IMHO) but for some reason mvn doesn't.

Which Maven version are you using?

Anyway, you are right. Direct dependencies should be added to the pom.
I checked with mvn dependency:analyze and added
apacheds-protocol-shared and shared-asn1. Could you please test again?

Another question: The snapshot repository you are using
(http://localhost:8192/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/....), is that the
official snapshot repository http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ ?
I'm asking because I wonder why the snapshots are up-to-date because
Continuum [1] doesn't seem to work atm.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/projectGroupSummary.action?projectGroupId=139