directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: I18n issues
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:06:25 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

As I was working on some other stuff yesterday, I couldn't really test this as in depth as
I wanted.

I will give another shot today and try to understand what is going on.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 19 juil. 2010, at 19:03, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> today, I fought more than one hour on a strange issue. I was running a test after having
added a new error message in apacheds/i18n, and instead of getting the text I added, i18n.err
returned me null.

> It was pretty annoying. I dig into the code, added some dirty sysout, and finally discovered
that the bundle was not found, thus the error message was null.

> The second step was to understand why i18n didn't found the error bundle. The i18n tests
were passing smoothly, so it was quite strange. Then Pierre-Arnaud told me that the keys/error
I was printing in my sysout were those used in the i18n test resources.

> So here was the situation : the 'null' value I obtained was because I was executing a
test in src/test/java in core-integ, and i18n infered that the error bundle to tae was also
in src/test/java. Not good as teh real error bundle is in src/main/java.

> At the end, we decided to remove completely the i18n tests, because there were useless
and also because we didn't find a way to fix the problem.