directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Addition of a new Interceptor for Administrative Points
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:44:08 GMT
  Hi,

I think we need a new Interceptor to manage Administrative Points. This
will help to handle inner and specific APs.

The idea is to define a new data structure to describe APs. It will
contain :
- the AP DN
- the AP entryUUID
- the AP type (autonomous, specific or inner)
- the AP administrative role (one of access control, collective
attribute, sub schema or trigger execution), or none if autonomous
- the list of associated subentries (empty if autonomous)
- the father AP if any, or the including AP if Inner (can't be null in
this case)

In order to define the different kind of AP, we will define a hierarchy
of classes, where an Autonomous AP contains a reference to the 4
included SAPs.

We will also maintain a cache like the one we have for naming contexts,
allowing the system to determinate if a specific DN is associated with
an AP, and to retrieve this AP (we use such a data structure to find the
naming context a DN is associated to).

Last, not least, we also need a cache associating an AP's entryUUID to
the AP, so that when we move, rename or delete an AP, we can quickly
find its parent.

This is a preliminary work which should not impact the way the server
works atm.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,