directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Back from week-end
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:07:09 GMT
  On 7/27/10 12:00 AM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Monday, July 26, 2010 11:57 PM +0200 Emmanuel Lecharny
> <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   Hi guys,
>>
>> I had 3 days off, and that was good !
>>
>> However, I didn't spent all my time seeping and looking at the sun. I
>> fixed a few problems in the Collective Attributes handling (mainly
>> schema
>> related issues).
>>
>> We have some more issues to fix, one which is annoying is that you
>> can do
>> a search requesting for a specific attributeType, or for a subtype, and
>> you'll get it. For instance, if your entry has a 'cn' attribute, you
>> will
>> get it if you ask for the 'name' attributeType (you'll get every
>> attributeType subtyping 'name', like 'sn', etc, if they exist). It does
>> not work for lookup.
>
> Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?
>
> [zimbra@build08 ~]$ ldapsearch -LLL -x -H ldapi:/// -D "cn=config" -W
> "(uid=testuser1)" name
> Enter LDAP Password:
> dn: uid=testuser1,ou=people,dc=build08,dc=lab,dc=zimbra,dc=com
> sn: testuser1
> cn: testuser1

As I said in my mail, it works this way for a search operation. Lookup
does not exists in LDAP protocol, we implemented it when the server was
fully JNDI compliant (as JNDI offers a lookup operation). The way we
implemented it in the server made the lookup operation following a
different execution path thus the handling of attribute inheritence is
faulty in this case. Nothing serious though.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,