directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subentry one more thing we don't support atm...
Date Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:53:51 GMT
  On 7/23/10 6:23 AM, Ersin Er wrote:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-706

Yes, thanks :) I think I will un-postpone this issue...

This morning, while in my bed, I was thinking about implementing a
in-memory data structure to manage AAP, ASP and IAP. I still have to
come with something that could work.

Some of the issues are :
- initialisation of this structure at startup
- of course, managing the updates
- checking that the associated entry contains the correct elements (ie,
an AAP *must* have ( values in its administrativeRole AT, something
which is *not* done atm) (the fifth value will be the
TriggerExecutionSpecificArea)
- how to leverage this data structure to handle the evaluation of entries
- managing the subentries to use for a specific entry

We also have side issues like :
- should the 'evaluate()' method be part of the interceptor classes or
not ? I think that it shoul dbe moved to the DirectoryService class.
- same for the subentry cache
- addition of a <subentyUUID, entry> cache to speedup the update of
entries when a Move operation is applied on a subentry
- switch from DN to UUID for references to the subentry in the entries
(partially done, works well for collective attriutes, except that we
have to add on the fly the collectiveAttributeSubentries DN when
returning the entry (it's then a kind of virtual attribute)

Not quite simple, but exciting...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,