directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject I18n issues
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:03:08 GMT
  Hi guys,

today, I fought more than one hour on a strange issue. I was running a 
test after having added a new error message in apacheds/i18n, and 
instead of getting the text I added, i18n.err returned me null.

It was pretty annoying. I dig into the code, added some dirty sysout, 
and finally discovered that the bundle was not found, thus the error 
message was null.

The second step was to understand why i18n didn't found the error 
bundle. The i18n tests were passing smoothly, so it was quite strange. 
Then Pierre-Arnaud told me that the keys/error I was printing in my 
sysout were those used in the i18n test resources.

So here was the situation : the 'null' value I obtained was because I 
was executing a test in src/test/java in core-integ, and i18n infered 
that the error bundle to tae was also in src/test/java. Not good as teh 
real error bundle is in src/main/java.

At the end, we decided to remove completely the i18n tests, because 
there were useless and also because we didn't find a way to fix the problem.

if anyone of you has a better idea ...

-- 
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com


Mime
View raw message