directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Subentry modifications : a question
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:37:25 GMT
  Hi guys,

when we submit a modifyRequest, we have three cases to deal with in the
subentryInyterceptor :
1) The entry is not a subentry. Normal case, we just have to process the
modification (of course, we will add the requested operational
attributes if it's associated with one or more AP)
2) The entry is a subentry (it has the 'subentry' ObjectClass)
3) The entry is not a subentry, but we add the 'subentry' ObjectClass.

Question : is this thrid case legal ? Can we transform a normal entry to
become a subentry ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,