directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ADS 2.0-RC1] Bug report #6
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:35:04 GMT
  Here is the current 2.0-RC1 status.

Tt has been two weeks since the last report was issued. Since then a
hell lot of heavy refactoring was done, in the ACI and Subtree
subsystems. The Password Policy feature has also been added, tests are
currently being written for this addition. Some more issues has been
added to the list, as we found some new problems.

We are currently reviewing the whole ACI system, which impact a large
part of the code with numerous JIRA being opened, but a lot has already
been done so far.

We still have 157 opened JIRAs.

Here are the fixed bugs.

Bug  t DIRSERVER-257        [Access Control] Autonomous areas for AC
must not overlap
Impv M DIRSERVER-971          Provide specific filter nodes for True,
False and Undefined, and handle them in the search engine

Here are the remaining issues :

Note :
------
B : Blocking
C : Critical
M : Major
m : Minor
t : Trivial

Bug : bug
Impv : improvement
Feat : new feature
Task : task
Test : test
Wish : wish

+++ Work in progress
??? Issue to be evaluated
 >>> ACI issue

11 DIR (9T, 2W)
---------------
Task M DIR-248     Where to deploy generated documentation?
Task M DIR-254     Add a chapter in the doco to explain how to enable a
schema
Task M DIR-257     Architectural overview
Task M DIR-258     Give the user directions about which version to use
Task M DIR-259     Setting admin password docs out of sync (need current
docs?)
Task M DIR-260     Update documentation for Spring configuration (Basic
User Guide)
Task M DIR-261     Why does download directory include the path element
'unstable' ?
Task m DIR-218     Reduce number of confluence spaces
Task m DIR-245     Create a page about using ADS with AcegiSecurity
Wish m DIR-120     Matrix comparison against other LDAP servers
Wish M DIR-255     Daily build download     Alex Karasulu

2 DIRSHARED (0.9.20)
--------------------
Bug  M DIRSHARED-53 Review RequestID processing (DIRSHARED-53 is
pending, waiting for clarification.)
Bug  M DIRSHARED-60    Equality matching rule is not required for an
attribute type description

5 DIRSHARED (1.0.0-RC1)
-----------------------
Impv M DIRSHARED-11    Relax the ACI grammar parser     Unassigned
Impv M DIRSHARED-35    LdifEntry should expose methods to manipulate
attributes.
Impv m DIRSHARED-37    Reconsider interfaces and base classes for Registries
Task C DIRSHARED-5     Add the missing javadocs
Task C DIRSHARED-50    Rename DN methods to reflect the Client API decisions

We have to finish 40, 5 and 50, so we can move those issues back to 0.9.20.

11, 35 and 37 could wait.

10 DIRAPI (0.2.0)
-----------------
Bug  C DIRAPI-7      Low performance on search operation compared to
JNDI (around 5 times slower)
Bug  M DIRAPI-13     Recursively drilling into the directory structure
causes java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Impv M DIRAPI-8      Make client-api schema aware
Impv M DIRAPI-15     The lookup() method should return an Entry
Impv C DIRAPI-19     Method AbstractMessage.setMessageId(...) should
have a return type set to type of message in order to allow chaining
like the other setter methods
Feat M DIRAPI-2      Add generic support for Extended operations
Feat M DIRAPI-11     Implement the StartTLS operation
Feat C DIRAPI-12     Add the LDAPS connection
Feat M DIRAPI-14     Add an exists(DN) method
Task C DIRAPI-18     Check LdaConnection methods' parameters

DIRAPI-7 should be fixed. DIRAPI-13 has to be evaluated, not sure it's
really a problem.
Generally speaking, LDAP API is orthogonal with ADS 2.0

DIRSERVER
=========
We have a total of 37 bugs on a total of 129 issues.

37 Bugs (5C 30M 2m):
--------------------
 >>> Bug  C DIRSERVER-955     FilterMatch permissions are not being
handled in Access Control decisions
Bug  C DIRSERVER-1252    Server tools dump command broken due to use of
old paths
+++ Bug  C DIRSERVER-1402    Many Comparators are missing
Bug  C DIRSERVER-1458    Cursor API generic usage is totally wrong
Bug  C DIRSERVER-1524    ACI rules stop working for no reason, must be
tweaked to "reawaken"
Bug  M DIRSERVER-803     Creating an alias from a child entry to the
ancestor causes an error (return code 36)
Bug  M DIRSERVER-824     Collective attributes are not evaluated in
search operations when they are used in filter expressions
Bug  M DIRSERVER-922     Data is "lost" after adding Index to config file
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-999        rangeOfValues protedtedItem should not
be applicable in Entry scope
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1000    The filter of the rangeOfValues
protectedItem should be evaluated on only the single attribute, not the
whole entry
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1169    Access control don't apply to the rootDSE
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1172    Sasl PLAIN mechanism should only be
enabled/offered after TLS layer is establish
+++ Bug  M DIRSERVER-1223    @Ignore annotation on both core and server
integ causes tests to stop
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1240    After binding using NTLM, cannot query if
AllowAnonymousAccess is off
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1281    StreamCorruptedException after brutal shutdown
+++ Bug  M DIRSERVER-1319    Cannot save String values larger than 64 Kb
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1349    Alias not working with scope ONELEVEL_SCOPE
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1354    System files partition corruption
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1355    Alias dereferncing with subtree search isn't
working correctly
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1357    NullPointerException when deleting alias
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1373    Update of server certificate in
uid=admin,ou=system only takes effect after restart
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1390    Attribute caching issues - warning and error
messages thrown on startup
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1394    Modifying subschema subentry doesn't work in
some case
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1419    Can inject accessControlSubentries when
creating a new entry
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1420    Cannot start the server : reuseAddress can't be
set while the acceptor is bound at shutdown
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1440    Using leading and/or trailing blanks in RDN
attribute leads to erroneous behaviour.
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1457    Binary Attribute Type causes
java.lang.StackOverflowError
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1469    When a bind is pending, no other operation
should be allowed
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1490    Not 100% sure, but the DN caches we have in the
server might not be updated when doing a Move
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1491    Improve schema extractor
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1498    Reverting modification on referrals are not
handling correctly if the ManageDSAIT control is set
??? Bug  M DIRSERVER-1500    Error searching children of known element.
May be cause by the deletion of an entry with children
 >>> Bug  M DIRSERVER-1501    Access Control can't retain after restart.
Bug  M DIRSERVER-1516    Classes implementing compareTo should also
implement equals (and thus hashCode)
+++ Bug  M DIRSERVER-1523    The ACI parser does not handle incorrect
AttributeType
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1209    Some SP tests are not working anymore because
of JNDI removal
Bug  m DIRSERVER-1325    Simple Authentication can not be disabled

31 Improvements (1C 19M 10m 1t)
------------------------------
Impv C DIRSERVER-1378    Remove the Singleton from the DirectoryService,
as it defeats the possibility to have more than one instance of this class
Impv M DIRSERVER-874     Entries should be normalized in the
NormalizationService
Impv M DIRSERVER-997     Block search ability for userPassword attribute
Impv M DIRSERVER-1081    Injecting more information in the opContext
structure
 >>> Impv M DIRSERVER-1160    provide more details when throwing
"AccessControlException: access denied"
Impv M DIRSERVER-1164    SSL Cert Compatibility issue with LDAPS for
Outlook Clients
Impv M DIRSERVER-1178    Add parent entry and id of primary entry in
operation context
Impv M DIRSERVER-1225    Add a Entry factory and pass it as an argument
to the LdifEntry constructor
Impv M DIRSERVER-1248    rc.d init script to default to "default" instance
Impv M DIRSERVER-1282    Unit testing documentation is out of date
Impv M DIRSERVER-1321    Clarify relationship between
partition.syncOnWrite and apacheDS.syncPeriodMillis configuration attributes
Impv M DIRSERVER-1322    Auto inferring context entry
Impv M DIRSERVER-1323    Command line tools for creating, deleting and
managing instances
Impv M DIRSERVER-1339    When doing a base scope search is a lookup
triggered
Impv M DIRSERVER-1382    Change the Cursor semantic for the next() and
previous() methods
Impv M DIRSERVER-1447    loadAllEnabled() method is taking way too long
Impv M DIRSERVER-1489    Provide access to remote connection info
Impv M DIRSERVER-1511    Some operations are present in the Partition
interface when they should not
Impv M DIRSERVER-1513    Implement our version of NamingEnumeration
Impv M DIRSERVER-1514    Create our version of ExtendedRequest
Impv m DIRSERVER-289     Configure an optional password message digest
algorithm which is applied on userPassword attribute values at add and
modify operations.
Impv m DIRSERVER-477     Alias deferencing interceptor
Impv m DIRSERVER-953     Provide registration scope support for Subtree
(besides current Base support) in ModifyDN.Export/Import Triggers
+++ Impv m DIRSERVER-1236    Store an AttributeEntry object in filter's node
Impv m DIRSERVER-1294    Add size() and hasNext() methods to cursors
Impv m DIRSERVER-1299    Add causes when rethrowing caught exceptions
(e.g. in org.apache.directory.server.integ.state.NonExistentState)
Impv m DIRSERVER-1310    Improve the way we handle controls
encoding/decoding
Impv m DIRSERVER-1359    Embedding guide problems
Impv m DIRSERVER-1460    Add locale to configuration
Impv m DIRSERVER-1520    Minor bug in setup: JRE instead of JDK
Impv t DIRSERVER-1346    Use ServiceLifecycleListener to avoid having
System.out messages for service start/stop events.

43 New Features (1C 34M 8m):
----------------------------
Feat C DIRSERVER-1436    Provide a tool to restore a crashed database
Feat M DIRSERVER-434     Add Support for Paged Search Results Control
Feat M DIRSERVER-440     Integrate clients into ApacheDS tools
Feat M DIRSERVER-443     JNDI Event delivery should be asynchronous in a
separate thread
Feat M DIRSERVER-641     provide a security context to
org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AbstractAuthenticator.authenticate()
Feat M DIRSERVER-678     Add support for extended operations to the Core
Feat M DIRSERVER-760     reading .schema files at server start-up
Feat M DIRSERVER-866     Initialization with another backend than JDBM
for the system partition
Feat M DIRSERVER-887     provide remote access info (memnonic name and
ip) to complement audit trail info
Feat M DIRSERVER-910     Provide getEffectiveRights like capability
within Access Control subsystem
Feat M DIRSERVER-937     Add HTTP service for ApacheDS
Feat M DIRSERVER-992     Define new schema objects for Stored Procedure
handling
Feat M DIRSERVER-1030    Add CascadeControl and add functionality to
cascade modify and delete effects
+++ Feat M DIRSERVER-1185    Add support for Password Policy
Feat M DIRSERVER-1186    Trace control and request level logging
Feat M DIRSERVER-1203    RFC2307bis Support is missing
Feat M DIRSERVER-1217    Binds with referrals can be used for delegated
authentication
Feat M DIRSERVER-1220    Implement the EXTERNAL SASL mechanism
Feat M DIRSERVER-1221    Suport the proxy auhtorization in SASL
implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1222    Add our own NTLM protocol implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1259    Make the userPassword not searchable from the
outside
Feat M DIRSERVER-1261    Add some CL tools to rebuild indices
Feat M DIRSERVER-1263    Add authz schema
Feat M DIRSERVER-1264    Add extended operations to reverting
Feat M DIRSERVER-1265    Add support for VLV control
Feat M DIRSERVER-1291    Support of Proxied Authorization Control (RFC 4370)
Feat M DIRSERVER-1331    Ldif object should be able to return a List of
EntryAttributes
Feat M DIRSERVER-1345    Oracle partition implementation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1388    Add the DeleteTree control
Feat M DIRSERVER-1422    Delegation of Authentication
Feat M DIRSERVER-1427    Errors should contain the associated
SchemaObject when modifying the schema
Feat M DIRSERVER-1453    Map SASL principals to DNs for ACI validation
Feat M DIRSERVER-1477    Add an extended operation to re-index an attribute
Feat M DIRSERVER-1479    The cursor implementation does not have a
hasNext() method
Feat M DIRSERVER-1508    Add an extended operation to perform operations
on config schema dynamically
Feat m DIRSERVER-264     Add Support for Sort Control
Feat m DIRSERVER-275     Add Support for LDAP Password Modify Extended
Operation
Feat m DIRSERVER-441     Add Support for Language Tags and Ranges
Feat m DIRSERVER-939     Implement RFC 4529
Feat m DIRSERVER-949     Add support for LDAP URLs in context searches
Feat m DIRSERVER-954     Provide pluggable implementation support for
Trigger execution order
Feat m DIRSERVER-1004    Support REAL syntax and matchingRules without
precision loss
Feat m DIRSERVER-1246    Add shell scripts and batch files for clients

15 Tasks (1B 2C 10M 2m):
------------------------
Task B DIRSERVER-1512    Major cleaning in startup logs needed
Task C DIRSERVER-1233    Add some unit tests for the CoreSession class
Task C DIRSERVER-1482    Many methods' signature just declare a throws
Exception : this is not enough
Task M DIRSERVER-550     Clear numerous documentation TODOs
Task M DIRSERVER-710     Exception tree should be reviewed
Task M DIRSERVER-1057    Misplaced StoreProcedure packages
Task M DIRSERVER-1193    Cleanup Index access methods after making
Partitions hold configuration info in bigbang
Task M DIRSERVER-1244    Code review + cleaning
Task M DIRSERVER-1245    Source audit
Task M DIRSERVER-1398    Add tests for modify Operation
Task M DIRSERVER-1403    Implement the missing normalizers
Task M DIRSERVER-1452    Fix all the @Ignored test classes and methods
Task M DIRSERVER-1481    core-integ IntegrationUtils is using JNDI
Task m DIRSERVER-1056    Cleaning the warnings
Task m DIRSERVER-1358    Adding a FAQ

3 Tests (1C 3M):
Test C DIRSERVER-1433    Add tests for every methods in SchemaManager
Test M DIRSERVER-1069    Outdated doc for unittesting version 1.5.1
+++ Test M DIRSERVER-1429    Implement tests for Syntax additions
inSchemaManager

--
Regards,
Cordialement,