directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ACITuple refactoring
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 07:42:39 GMT
  Hi guys,

I'm going deeper into the ACI review. I have done some refactoring :
- The ProtectedItem class now does not contain all the ProtectedItem
subclasses anymore, each one of those classes has now its own Java class
- ACIItemParser is Schema aware. That means we don't manipulate
AttributeType as String.

There are a few more things I want to do:
1) ACITuple constructor takes 6 parameters. I do think it's way too
many, and I'd like to either use setters (but that would make the class
mutable) or define a factory for tuples.
2) The ACDFEngine checkPermission() and hasPermission() methods, plus
the ACITupleFilter filter() operations take 14 (!!!) parameters. I think
we should refactor those methods to take a data structure instead,
because it's really difficult to debug what's going on, assuming that
depending on the filter, some of the filter's parameters are null,
because useless.
3) The checkPermission() and hasPermission() methods are most certainly
doing the same thing, I will remove one of them.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,