directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot>
Subject Should we request an ASF-signed certificate from infra to sign Studio during a release? (was: Fwd: apache directory studio certificate)
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 13:02:48 GMT
Hi dev,

I'm forwarding a mail received on the users list about certificate usage on Studio.

Apache Directory Studio jars (including plugins and features) are all signed using the keytool
command during the build of a release.
This certificate allows Eclipse to verify the validity of the software during the installation
with the update site.

Until now, we were using a self-signed certificate which, as it is self-signed, only lasts
6 months.
As you can see on the mail below, this situation is causing some issue.

Stefan suggested me on IM that for the next releases we could request an ASF-signed certificate
from infra.
I think it's a good idea.

Does anyone know if infra can provide us such a certificate ?

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <>
> Date: 13 juillet 2010 14:52:15 HAEC
> Subject: Re: apache directory studio certificate
> Hi Nicolas,
> I'm neither a certificate expert, but I did the signing of the jars and the certificate
is on my machine.
> I exported the public key at this location for you:
> I hope it worked...
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
> On 13 juil. 2010, at 14:22, Nicolas Dordet wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to install ldap browser eclipse plugin by command line
>> ($INSTDIR\IDE\eclipse\eclipsec -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director
>> -repository $URLUpdateSite -installIU
>> but I get an error message : "certificat rejected"
>> Note that the certificate is out of date but the update site installation
>> works well.
>> (I'm not a certificate expert).
>> I try to import the STUDIO.DSA (I found it in the feature jar) in my
>> keystore with keytool but I could'nt.
>> So, where can I find the public key and how could I import it to my
>> keystore?
>> I also try to build the plugin (thinking I could put away the certificate
>> request but I didn't find it) and I've got the same error.
>> Any help needed
>> Thanks

View raw message