directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <>
Subject Re: Back from week-end
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 22:00:25 GMT
--On Monday, July 26, 2010 11:57 PM +0200 Emmanuel Lecharny
<> wrote:

>   Hi guys,
> I had 3 days off, and that was good !
> However, I didn't spent all my time seeping and looking at the sun. I
> fixed a few problems in the Collective Attributes handling (mainly schema
> related issues).
> We have some more issues to fix, one which is annoying is that you can do
> a search requesting for a specific attributeType, or for a subtype, and
> you'll get it. For instance, if your entry has a 'cn' attribute, you will
> get it if you ask for the 'name' attributeType (you'll get every
> attributeType subtyping 'name', like 'sn', etc, if they exist). It does
> not work for lookup.

Isn't that the way it is supposed to work?

[zimbra@build08 ~]$ ldapsearch -LLL -x -H ldapi:/// -D "cn=config" -W
"(uid=testuser1)" name
Enter LDAP Password:
dn: uid=testuser1,ou=people,dc=build08,dc=lab,dc=zimbra,dc=com
sn: testuser1
cn: testuser1

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer