directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: What should we do with apacheds-server-tools ?
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 10:08:40 GMT
Indeed, I saw that too.

These are interesting tools to have but they're not very related to ApacheDS.

It could be interesting to have the dump/load commands working again, as well as a tool to
rebuild indices and recover a "broken" partition.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 7 juin 2010, at 11:57, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 6/7/10 10:30 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> +1.
>>
>> I would add that with the removal of the server.xml file and the future changes in
the InstallationLayout of ApacheDS, the current implementation of the Server Tools will be
completely irrelevant and outdated.

>> What about starting a complete re-vamp of these tools for the 2.0 release (2.0.0
RC1 may been ship without them but 2.0 final should be shipped with them) ?