directory-dev mailing list archives

From sumit goyal <>
Subject [#DIRAPI-9]Build CLI wrapper around the API
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 02:23:50 GMT
Hello All,

I have started work on this
Wanted to share the design approach I have decided to take.

*Description of bug for the lazy ones :)*
it would be nice to have some basic command line interface around the API.
- ldapsearch
- ldapadd
- ldapmodify
- ldapdelete

 -  Pass on the command line parameters to a Java file.
 - The Java program would do all the validations/executions.
 - We will use the ldap API to perform the requested operations.

This way we can re-use same code on all platforms, and maintenance would be
less. Please share your feedback on the approach. I have started the coding
part now.

View raw message