directory-dev mailing list archives

From Keheliya Gallaba <keheliya.gall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP diagnostic tool - GSoC 2010
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 05:52:40 GMT
Hello everyone,

I created the project folder structure for this project by following the
below guide [1]. It is as follows.

.
`-- dirstudio-ldap-proxy
    `-- ldap-proxy
        |-- ldap-proxy-core
        |   |-- pom.xml
        |   `-- src
        |       |-- main
        |       |   `-- java
        |       |       `-- org
        |       |           `-- apache
        |       |               `-- directory
        |       |                   `-- studio
        |       |                       `-- proxy
        |       |                           `-- core
        |       |                               `-- App.java
        |       `-- test
        |           `-- java
        |               `-- org
        |                   `-- apache
        |                       `-- directory
        |                           `-- studio
        |                               `-- proxy
        |                                   `-- core
        |                                       `-- AppTest.java
        |-- ldap-proxy-ui
        |   |-- pom.xml
        |   `-- src
        |       |-- main
        |       |   `-- java
        |       |       `-- org
        |       |           `-- apache
        |       |               `-- directory
        |       |                   `-- studio
        |       |                       `-- proxy
        |       |                           `-- ui
        |       |                               `-- App.java
        |       `-- test
        |           `-- java
        |               `-- org
        |                   `-- apache
        |                       `-- directory
        |                           `-- studio
        |                               `-- proxy
        |                                   `-- ui
        |                                       `-- AppTest.java
        `-- pom.xml

38 directories, 7 files

But when I went through newly created 'Persistence Tooling' folder structure
in google code [2] I found pom.xml files adhere to a structure specific to
Directory Studio. So please guide me how to do that in LDAP-proxy project
too.

Another problem is when I tried to add and commit the structure I created,
to the google code svn location [3], I get the following error.

 svn commit -m "Project folder structure created"

Authentication realm: <https://dirstudio-ldap-proxy.googlecode.com:443>
> Google Code Subversion Repository

Password for 'keheliya':

svn: Commit failed (details follow):

svn: Server sent unexpected return value (500 Internal Server Error) in
> response to MKACTIVITY request for
> '/svn/!svn/act/06e06b41-2e27-4770-ba89-45b92b26013b'

Please me help me out to configure the project properly and continue with
development

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html
[2] http://code.google.com/p/dirstudio-ldap-tooling/source/browse/
<http://code.google.com/p/dirstudio-ldap-tooling/source/browse/>[3]
http://code.google.com/p/dirstudio-ldap-proxy/source/browse/#svn/trunk

On 31 May 2010 22:12, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:

> Hi Keheliya,
>
> Sorry for not being able to answer your mail sooner but I was on holidays
> with no Internet connection these last days.
>
> Hopefully my fellow peeps have well guided you for your architecture
> diagram and the next steps with the creation of a "mini LDAP server".
>
> On the diagram side, I agree with all Stefan and Emmanuel comments.
>
> On IRC, you said that you didn't succeed yet on building such the "mini
> LDAP Server", can you be more specific and indicate what you already
> accomplished and where you got stuck.
>
> Like Stefan, I'm no expert in that part of the code (I'm more a GUI guy)
> but I'll look into it while waiting for your answer and I'm pretty sure the
> server-side experts (Emmanuel, Kiran, Alex) will be able to guide you in the
> right direction.
> The good news is that we already have all the code to deal with
> received/decoding as well as sending/encoding LDAP Protocol messages, so
> it's just a matter of adding a bit of glue on the appropriate parts of the
> code.
> The solution may not be in the LdapServer class itself but "hidden" in the
> other classes behind this one.
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 21 mai 2010, at 06:45, Keheliya Gallaba wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have come up with an architecture diagram [1], with the help of Seelmann,
> for the LDAP diagnostic tool explaining the functionality of the core. I
> thought of implementing the initial phase with JNDI and moving to the new
> client API later. Please send your suggestions for this approach, and about
> the existing code components I can reuse, from Directory Studio.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/dirstudio-ldap-proxy/wiki/ArchitectureDiagram
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Keheliya Gallaba