directory-dev mailing list archives

From Keheliya Gallaba <keheliya.gall...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP diagnostic tool - GSoC 2010
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:47:31 GMT
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

These days I'm working on logging LDAP requests and responses in an external
file in the ldap-network-server project [1] . Although currently, it is been
simply written as plain text, i thought it will be useful to write them in a
meaningful format like XML since we need to retrieve that information later.
And I think DSML [2] will be the best choice for that since there are DSML
utilities already available in Directory project.

And for reading and writing from files, I thought to use, Apache Commons-IO
[3] since it maintains consistency between Unix and Windows environments
when handling low-level operations.

I would be happy to know your idea on these, and any guidelines for
including these external modules in the project to move on.

<http://code.google.com/p/dirstudio-ldap-proxy/source/list>[2]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dsml/docs/DSMLv2.doc
[3] http://commons.apache.org/io/description.html

<http://commons.apache.org/io/description.html>Thanks and regards,