directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Building pb on trunk
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:03:59 GMT
Hi guys,

today I fought with the trunk, which is not building anymore. As I committed
most of the code those last four days, it's very likely that it's my fault,
so I started to dig.

Sadly, I had to brought back my MacBook pro to be repaired and I'm now
working on my old imac, with a Java 5 compiler, so not onlyi t takes ages to
build the trunk, but also there might be some issues due to the JVM itself,
so finding out what's wrong is not easy.

So far, here is what I found :

- trunk builds on version 955090. It took 21 mins on my computer :/
- build fails on rev 955186 (
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=955186&view=rev). Very likely to be some
concurrent LdapServer launched and colliding. I still have to investigate
what's going on, what I know is that the failing tests are
in apacheds/ldap-client-test
- there are 30 more commits after this one, and i'm quite sure that there is
another problem somewhere, so I see no way but fixing the 955186 problem
frst, and then moving forward. It might take some time though.

In any case, just keep in mind that there are no serious issue, but just
some bad commit done either because the build simply takes too long to check
before committing (that's very true on my side), and also some Java5/Java 6
issue. Yesterday, I also had to fix a failing test because it was not
working on a different TZ (IST). We have to be carefull, but we can't be
100% safe.

This is it, more when the problem will be fixed.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,