directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] config partition and Windows path length
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:04:02 GMT
Hi guys,

as I setup my new computer I also installed a Windows 7 VM and I tried
to checkout studio and apacheds. I had problems to checkout the
ApacheDS "trunk-with-dependencies" to
C:\Apache\trunk-with-dependencies because we have very long paths, for
example:

apacheds\default-config\src\main\resources\config\ou=config\ou=directoryservice\ads-directoryserviceid=default\ou=partitions\ads-partitionid=example\ou=indexes\ads-indexattributeid=1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.5

I was able to check it out successfully to C:\A so this is not a big
issue for developers.

But we should keep that issue in mind for the Windows installer
package. I think the installed ApacheDS config partition contains
similar long paths. If the user selects a deep install directory then
we may have an issue.

Kind Regards,
Stefan