directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] maven-source-plugin and maven-jar-plugin
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 16:37:08 GMT
On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
> I have absolutely no idea what it is used for.
> Looking at the SVN history, it has been introduced by David Djenks at
> revision 643768 [1] on April 2008.
> Personally, I've never used it and I thing it can be removed.
> Now, about the definiton of the maven-source-plugin from all the POMs you
> listed, I think it's important to let it even during the local build.
> It is actually required by the xbean-spring project to generate correct
> mapping file based on annotations found in sources.
> But, since we're not using anymore the server-xml file, I think we don't
> need spring and xbean-spring anymore...
> So, my understanding is that as soon as we get rid of the server-xml
> project, we would be able to remove the definition.

ahh, ok, Seelmann was about to delete this but I asked him to keep
this for some more days
but I think we should remove it right now so that we eliminate any
potential issues like this
if they are lurking behind based on these modules.
so I would say let us delete the xbean-spring and server-xml modules, wdot?

Kiran Ayyagari