directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] config partition and Windows path length
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:17:59 GMT
Hi Stefan,

On 19 juin 2010, at 16:04, Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> as I setup my new computer I also installed a Windows 7 VM and I tried
> to checkout studio and apacheds. I had problems to checkout the
> ApacheDS "trunk-with-dependencies" to
> C:\Apache\trunk-with-dependencies because we have very long paths, for
> example:
>
> apacheds\default-config\src\main\resources\config\ou=config\ou=directoryservice\ads-directoryserviceid=default\ou=partitions\ads-partitionid=example\ou=indexes\ads-indexattributeid=1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.4.1.2.5
>
> I was able to check it out successfully to C:\A so this is not a big
> issue for developers.

I remember having such problems a few months ago using the command line (Cygwin).
Using Tortoise SVN solve the issue and I was able to update.

> But we should keep that issue in mind for the Windows installer
> package. I think the installed ApacheDS config partition contains
> similar long paths. If the user selects a deep install directory then
> we may have an issue.

I'm not sure, there will be an issue on installation since the schema partition is not installed
by the installer but is expanded by the server itself at first launch.
But, we definitely have to check what happens if the install ApacheDS deep in the filesystem.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud