directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: LDAP diagnostic tool - GSoC 2010
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:40:57 GMT
Hi Keheliya,

I've just created a new project in your GSoC SVN repository: ldap-network-server. [1]

This project contains what should get you started with the proxy plugin.

I included in it a minimal version of a LDAP Network Server. This server contains the minimal
code to receive LDAP Protocol requests (like bind, search, etc.).
At the moment each request responds with an "unwilling to perform" error code, except the
bind request which is implemented to always respond successfully (that's just an example).

It's now up to you to plug-in this server in your code and fill-in the blanks I left with
the implementation of each request which should:
- log the received request
- communicate with the target server
- log the response from the target server
- forward the received response to the initial client

Looking forward to see you start coding around this.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://code.google.com/p/dirstudio-ldap-proxy/source/browse/#svn/trunk/ldap-proxy/ldap-network-server