directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject New module for the ACI parser needed
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:09:16 GMT
  Hi guys,

while working on the ACI parser, I hit a wall : if we want the parsed
ACI to be used directly in the server without having to convert
EntryAttributes to JNDI Attribute, we have to make the ACI parser schema
aware. As it's a good idea to do so, I checked if it was possible.

Sadly, the ACI parser is part of the shared-ldap module, when the
SchemaManager is in a separate module, depending on shared-ldap.

In order to solve this issue, I see no better way than creating a new
module (shared-aci), any other solution would be a real PITA (like
post-processing the ACI once parsed to inject the schemaManager into the

I will try to create this new module, and will give you some feedback.

Please feel free to comment.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message