directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject What about removing the Integration profile ?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:51:12 GMT
Hi guys,
we have having hard time running integration tests using the Suite,
especially the referral tests, because there are some nasty interactions
between tests as we launch one server for all a suite, instead of
launching many servers.

The Integration profile is used to speed up the tests as we spare this
server initialization, but otherwise, we don't run any test not in the
suite when using this profile. This is due to some wrong reverter for
the refrall operations.

I think we can doom this profile, and eliminate the suites atm, to just
get the unit tests running. It will cost us a bit more time, probably an
extra minute, but this is a cost I can afford to pay, as fixing the
referral reversal is a bit costly.

Plus there is an extra penalty as we don't know which unit tests are not
run when using this profile (except those in the Suite)

wdyt ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,