directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Some more speed improvement for basic operations
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 23:01:12 GMT
Hi guys,

today I finished to clean the rename() operation, and I just have the
three last operations remaining to be clean, ie move, moveAndRename and
compare.

In the meantime, I was able to avoid an Entry clone to be done, and this
has a huge impact on some operations. Here are the result I get with or
without the clone :

add    : 578/s(with) / 607/s (without) / +5%
lookup : 19 568/s(with) / 26 542/s (without) / +36%
search : 19 727/s(with) / 19 560/s (without) / ---
modify : 1 991/s(with) / 2103/s (without) / +5%
delete : 248/s(with) / 248/s (without) / ---

As we can see, the lookup is really faster with such a modif. The other
operations aren't that much impacted, the cost of writing on disk kills
the gain we could have.

One more thing : this is a test done with one single thread, directly on
top of the core-session.

However, it demonstrates that with enough cache, and a good network
layer, we should be able to get some good performances out of the server.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,