directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scheduling Junit tests with RunnerScheduler for a concurrent execution
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 21:08:18 GMT
On 6/7/10 10:36 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> I came across following site (http://junit.org/node/589) talking about
> concurrent execution if junit tests and couldn't resist to give it a try
> on the shared project. I used the same configuration in the page shown
> (threads=6) and added it to all tests in the shared project. It's 10
> seconds faster (64s<->  54s) what is ~16%.
>
> IMO it's worth to have a closer look at it also when thinking of larger
> tests in the apacheds project.
>
> WDOT?

I'm 100% in favor of using such a thing. There is however one little
issue we have to take care of : when we are using tests using a port, we
have to take care that the same port is not used by another test.

Otherwise, we have checked Maven 3.0 which has a // mode too (except
that this // mode is only at the module level). Quite interesting.

So atm, if you want to use the annotation to //ize shared, you have my +1

--
Regards,
Cordialement,